SARA for Women Society has an opening for a Relief Administrative Clerk. The Relief Administrative Clerk provides on call coverage for the Administrative Clerks in SARA locations. She works directly with the Admin Team in providing administrative support for the Society. In addition to providing basic administrative support, this position is also accountable for the accurate and timely recording and receipting of all monetary income. This position requires an ability to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, independently and as part of a team, while under pressure of competing deadlines and frequent interruptions. The position also requires an energetic positive attitude while engaging with clients and colleagues.
Section 1 – General Information
• Position Title: Relief Administration Clerk
• Program or Department: Administration
• Reports to: Office Coordinator
Administrative Staff work out of 2 different locations. Administration provides on-site support at the Main offices in Mission and the offices on Marshall Road in Abbotsford.
The Admin Team provides administrative support for the Society. Support includes word processing; record keeping and filing; general reception; data entry; desktop publishing; employee onboarding, accounting, as well as processing payroll and tracking benefits for all regular, term and casual employees of SARA for Women.
All staff and volunteers of SARA demonstrate a commitment to the mandate, vision, values and philosophy of the SARA for Women Society.
Section 2 – Job Summary
Key Duties and responsibilities
• Providing front desk reception support
• Assisting with the flow of information internally and with other departments in the organization
• Recording, receipting and drafting of acknowledgments of donations using an existing database system
• Maintaining an orderly filing system
• Ensuring that an adequate inventory of office supplies is on hand
• Sending, receiving and distributing emails
• Other admin support duties
Section 3 – Qualifications, experience and abilities
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Ability to maintain and optimize existing electronic databases and filing systems.
• Knowledge of the programs and services offered by SARA
Section 4 – Job Location & Working Conditions
Job and/or Program Location(s): Abbotsford/Mission Administrative offices
This position may require you to sit at a desk for long periods, deliver mail and/or provide technical support to various program locations, lift or transport heavy objects (eg: computer systems, boxes of paper, office cooler water bottle, bags of donations).
• Employment is contingent on the successful completion of a criminal record check
• Occupational First Aid, Level 1 certificate is required. Copy of valid certification must be presented on first day of work
• Reliable vehicle and valid Class 5 driver’s license
• Manual dexterity to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Previous use of SARA or WRSFV services must be disclosed at time of application
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Subject line: Relief Admin Clerk Posting
SARA promotes the principles of anti-oppression, diversity and inclusion. We strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals from First Nations, diverse ethnocultural origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
SARA is a scent-free environment.