Temporary Accounting Administrator
SARA for Women Society (SARA) has an opening for a Temporary Accounting Administrator.
SARA for Women Society is a community-based non-profit feminist organization that assists women through housing, programs, resource referral, and other supports. The organization also provides services for victims of violence.
SARA for Women is a leader in creating a world in which people peacefully resolve conflict in their homes, communities, countries and across the globe. Through innovative programming, diversity practices, social enterprise, and partnerships we build community capacity for cognitive, spiritual, physical and emotional growth, and social responsibility.
Position Title: Temporary Accounting Administrator
Program or Department: Administration
Job Location: Mission
Employment type: FTE, (35hours) Month to Month Contract Position,
may develop into permanent full time position
Reports to: Admin Manager
Section 1 – General Information
The position is based in SARA’s head office in Mission, BC; however travel to other SARA facilities in Abbotsford, Mission and other areas of the Fraser Valley may be required.
This is a full time position (35hours per week). Regular scheduled hours are Monday to Friday, 9AM to 5PM. This full time position requires some flexibility including the availability to work overtime and outside of traditional hours on occasion.
Section 2 – Job Summary
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Manage accounts payable and receivable as directed by the Admin Manager.
- Maintain filing system to support all financial transactions
- Ensure all financial records are secured
- Ensure approvals for all outstanding accounts are obtained and cheques are prepared, signed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for each programs for submission to the Admin Manager.
- Prepare all documents and forms related to regulatory submissions (GST, CRA, etc.) ensuring accurate submissions on or prior to deadline for submission to the Admin Manager
- Perform all account and bank reconciliations.
- Support the annual audit process as directed by the Admin Manager,
- Keep financial records, establish, maintain and balance various accounts using Sage 50 bookkeeping system
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheques for all invoices
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Prepare tax returns and perform other bookkeeping services, and
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports as needed.
- Ensure timely payment of all outstanding invoices
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist with payroll and benefits accounting and reconciliation
- Maintain effective relations with all staff in order to ensure that all financial support is on time and there are no delays
Section 3 – Qualifications, experience and abilities
- Extensive experience working with non-profit organizations, working knowledge of specialized financial rules that pertain to non-profit organizations exclusively.
- Experienced with accounting and bookkeeping software such as SAGE 50, Simply Accounting, Excel, Ceridian.
Secondary Education and completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or
- completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting)
- courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk in a nonprofit environment are required.
- Criminal Record Check required
- Firm commitment to SARA’s “women’s centered” approach to support and service delivery.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Firm commitment to SARA’s team based approach.
Section 4 – Job Location & Working Conditions
This position is located in Mission. Travel to other SARA facilities in Abbotsford, Mission and other locations in the Fraser Valley may occasionally be required. Due to the contract nature of the position, benefits are not provided.
Submit cover letter and resume to: GinaR@saraforwomen.ca
Subject: Temporary Accounting Administrator Position
Posting Date: September 26th, 2018
Closing Date: Position remains open until it has been filled.
SARA promotes the principles of anti-oppression, diversity and inclusion. We strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve.
Please follow the link to print this job posting: Accounting Administrator